Date: 24th Aug 2019
L&DCC is not responsible for Third Party websites


Date: 13th August 2018


....Ormskirk 3s 1, Rain 0!

The final of the Mike Leddy third eleven cup competition featured holders Ormkirk and Dave Black's Wallasey.

Having undergone a previous postponement, it was to Brook Lane that both teams re-assembled on a day when the weather forecast wasnt too hopeful.

Rain in the morning delayed the start as the outfield recovered, and at the toss, Wallasey called correctly and asked Jordan Budgen's team to bat first.

Both Cobbold and Lawrenson made contributions before Aaron Cheung joined Sam Hepke in an match deciding partnership of 143 for the third wicket. Sam out for an excellent 70 before Aaron blasted his way to an undefeated 127 off just 79 balls (16 x 4s and two maximums). 

Ormskirk's innings ended on a daunting total of 290 for the loss of six wickets. Evergreen Colin Rivett with an impressive opening spell of 1 for 37 off his alloted eight overs. Luxon and Bark each claiming two wickets.

Wallasey needed a solid start and the weather to hold out but their top order was blown away in a devasting burst from Colin Inkson who featured in all four early wickets as Wallasey stumbled to 15 for 4 and two difficult chances were missed which could have ended the contest. 

Imran Raja hit a defiant and well deserved 56 and together with Stead, gave respectability to the innings before Inkson again took a catch to end the stand. Inkson with three for 16 and Aggrey two for 18.

Shortly after the start of the 24th over, the threatened rain arrived and as Ormskirk were comfortably ahead using the Duckworth/Lewis scoring method, the teams shook hands amicably as there was little prospect of play resuming.

Jordan Budgen again collected the trophy with Aaron Cheung collecting the man of the match award. 

Thanks to Sean and Stuart for their hardwork in preparing an excellent wicket, to all at Ormskirk for hosting the day and to umpires Dave Laybourne and John Sharples.

Back to top