- L&DCC News
- Fixtures Results & Stats
- Admin Docs
- About L&DCC
- Contact Us
Date: 25th February 2012
THE OUTCOME OF THE SITUATION BETWEEN ST HELENS AND ST HELENS RECS CRICKET CLUBS
Representatives of the BFS L&DCC Management Committee have met on two recent occasions with officials from both clubs. After the discussions held on Wednesday 22 February and subsequent correspondence, the following represents the position as stated by both clubs and accepted by the BFS L&DCC:
1. The two clubs St Helens CC and St Helens Recs CC are not merging.
2. St Helens CC is withdrawing all its senior teams i.e. 1st, 2nd and 3rd from the BFS L&DCC.
3. St Helens CC will no longer fulfil any senior fixtures in the BFS L&DCC and now ceases to exist in its present form for season 2012.
4. St Helens CC will continue to maintain the cricket facilities at Windleshaw Road and intend to continue operating as a social club.
5. Depending on proven viability St Helens CC will enter an U16 and an U20 side in the BFS L&DCC 2012 KO Competitions. Following a players meeting on Monday 27th Feb, St Helens CC will not be entering any BFS L&DCC competitions.
6. St Helens Recs CC will continue and is likely to be renamed. Any new name is to be advised.
7. Some former players of St Helens CC may or may not choose to join this renamed club.
8. The renamed club will play at Ruskin Drive.
9. The renamed club will put a 1st XI and a 2nd XI into the BFS L&DCC and play on Saturdays taking the fixtures of the former St Helens Recs CC.
10. The renamed club, if practicable, will put a 3rd XI into the BFS L&DCC Sunday Premier Division taking the fixtures of the former St Helens CC Sunday 3rd X1.
11. The renamed club will also, if practicable, put a 4th XI into the BFS L&DCC Sunday Division 1 East taking the fixtures of the former St Helens Recs CC. The Management Committee of the BFS L&DCC will, if and as necessary, allow the fixtures of this 4th XI to be on a "to be confirmed with the opposition" basis without penalty in 2012.
The Management Committee of the BFS L&DCC will now adjust the fixtures to show the withdrawal of St Helens CC from both cup and league competitions and amend the St Helens Recs CC name accordingly.
There will be 11 teams in Division 2 and 2nd X1 Division 2 of the BFS L&DCC in 2012.
In the BFS Ray Digman Trophy and the Chester Cup, Ainsdale, Ormskirk and Wallasey will play in a group of three on the dates as currently shown in the fixtures. The Cricket Committee Meeting on 28th February will discuss and resolve the impact of this on runner up and qualifying arrangements.
The Management Committee will now look at providing a 12th club in Division 2 in 2013, following procedures as set out in the 2012 Constitution of the BFS L&DCC.
The above represents the outcome of a lengthy process as presented to the BFS L&DCC; it provides clarity and will enable effective competition in 2012.
Finally, the Management Committee regrets the loss of any club, particularly one with such a long history as St Helens CC and appreciates the difficulties recently faced by officials at both of the clubs concerned.
BFS L&DCC Management Committee
25 February 2012Back to top